The new 1835 Radar is a high contrast 10.4 inch color LCD radar designed for a wide range of vessels including pleasure craft, fishing boats and work boats. This new radar offers crystal clear target presentation with automatic Gain/Sea/Rain controls to deliver noise-free radar presentation. It features superb detection of even small targets both at short and long range. It also boasts all-new display modes which will assist you with navigating safely on all waters.
The 1835 allows you to see far away objects before they are visible, and allows you to see in the dark, fog or during periods of obstructed visibility in any weather condition. With its advanced signal processing technology, the 1835 demonstrates a substantial increase in target detection, particularly for close range targets.
The 1835 can be interconnected with other navigation equipment such as chart plotters and sounders through Furuno programmable NMEA 0183 interface system, affording operators the ability to expand their boat system as needed.
With the optional ARP11 internal ARPA PCB, up to 10 ARPA targets can be tracked and overlaid on the radar screen to assist the operator in monitoring other vessel movements. With the connection of an external AIS receiver, up to 100 AIS may also be tracked. A variety of navigational information such as vessel name, speed, ROT, draft, and the destination of the selected targets can be included in real time. Unlike ARPA targets, AIS targets are visible on-screen even if they are obscured by large ships or islands, since AIS works by VHF transceiver system and does not require line-of-sight. Both ARPA and AIS require heading input.
With a push of the OFF CENTER button, own ship position can be shifted to a pre-registered point on the screen, allowing the operator to focus on a specific area ahead of or around the vessel without losing track of the position.
- Easy-to-install 10.4 inch portrait color LCD (350 cd) display
- Bonded LCD provides clear view in all weather conditions
- Stable ARPA target-tracking with zoom display function available (Requires optional ARP11 PCB and heading input) *Note. Acceptable Heading Data Formats: NMEA0183 4800 baud, 25ms interval or Furuno AD-10
- AIS tracking (Requires external AIS and heading input)
- Full Screen Mode lets operators observe a wider range around the vessel
- Enhanced auto tuning/gain/anti-clutter controls
- Echoes in yellow, green, orange or multiple colors
- Cursor Lat/Lon readout (requires NMEA GPS data and Heading input)