The Furuno FA50 is a Class B AIS (Automatic Identification System) capable of exchanging navigation and ship data between own ship and other ships or coastal stations. It complies with IMO MSC. 140(76) Annex 3, A.694, ITU-R M.1371-2 and DSC ITU-R M.825-3. It also complies with IEC 60945 (EMC and environmental conditions). The FA50 consists of a transponder unit with GPS antenna. A VHF antenna is required and should be supplied separately. The transponder contains a VHF transmitter, two TDMA receivers on two parallel VHF channels, interface, communication processor, and internal GPS receiver. The internal GPS is a 12-channel all-in-view receiver with differential capability. It also gives position, COG and SOG.
The FA-50 offers accurate information exchange that can be utilized for collision avoidance
FURUNO FA-50 class-B AIS transponder receives navigation data from AIS-equipped vessels nearby that can be utilized to aid in safe navigation. Also, the FA-50 transmits own ship information to the vessels around, which also aids in collision avoidance.
- Fully satisfies the technical standards for Class-B AIS, IEC 62287-1
- Receives both Class-A and Class-B AIS information
- Enhances safe navigation by exchanging critical navigation information from AIS-equipped vessels nearby
- Greatly improves the level of the situational awareness even in fog, darkness or congested waterways
- Outputs data to NavNet TZtouch2 and TZtouch2 BB, TZtouch, 3D through Ethernet
- Flexible integration with various AIS compatible radar and chart plotters
- TX/RX Frequency: 156.025 MHz to 162.025 MHz Output Power
- Channel Spacing: 25 kHz
- Power Supply: 12-24 VDC, 2.0-1.0 A
- Size: 90 (H) x 255 (W) x 219 (D)
- Weight: 1.7 kg