The FA30 Automatic Identification System (AIS) Receiver provides real-time information about AIS-equipped vessels to your NavNet, AIS-ready chart plotter, navigation software or radar. The information is graphically presented allowing you to monitor and avoid AIS equipped vessels in your area. The information that the FA30 receives includes the vessel name and call sign, position, course, speed over ground, and other useful information. Since AIS targets can be received even if they are not within line of sight, the FA30 enhances situational awareness in congested waterways, limited visibility or heavy sea conditions, and gives the navigator much more information about AIS equipped vessels.
The FA30 has an Ethernet and a serial port. This provides simple and easy connection by NavNet systems. AIS capable radar, chart plotters and TimeZero are interfaced through the FA30 serial port. The FA30 will work with virtually any marine VHF antenna. An optional VHF signal splitter is offered to allow the FA30 to work with an existing VHF radio antenna installation.
- Enhances safe navigation by receiving critical navigation information from local AIS-equipped vessels
- Vastly improves situational awareness in any weather conditions including dense fog, darkness, and congested waterways
- Dual parallel channel, "Full Duplex" receiver design receives AIS contact messages up to 100% more often than dual channel "Multiplexing" receivers
- High sensitivity, synthesized receiver automatically switches between international and local AIS channels
- Optional amplified VHF splitter allows the use of a single antenna for VHF radio and AIS Receiver
- Network output to NavNet TZtouch2/TZtouch/3D for added redundancy and installation flexibility
- Serial Output for integration with various radar and chart plotter systems
- Bulkhead mounting and low power, flexible DC input voltage design for simplified installation
- transponder unit
- 12-24 VDC