The FURUNO FAX-30 can turn any NavNet display or PC into a weather fax and NAVTEX receiver for obtaining weather forecasts and safety information.
Furuno FAX30 is a waterproof Black Box unit that connects directly to a NavNet display or an Ethernet hub with a single Ethernet cable. If it is connected to an Ethernet hub that has multiple NavNet displays attached, each of those displays will have access to the FAX30. In addition, the FAX30 has the capability of being connected to a standard PC with Ethernet card. The unit itself receives valuable weather images and navigational information. When connected to a NavNet display, the image and information is displayed directly on screen, with simple menu options for ease of use. On a PC, the images and information are displayed by simply using your Web Browser. There is no complicated proprietary software to install or learn. You can even print all of the information using your PC and printer!
Combine the new FAX30 with NavNet true color Radar and you have the ultimate in weather tracking. Now you can navigate more safely even during uncertain conditions.
- Connection to a NavNet display or PC through an Ethernet
- User friendly softkey menu operation on NavNet display
- Web navigation using Internet Explorer or Netscape
- Print images and messages from generic PC and printer
- Storage of maximum 12 images on NavNet display (depending on file size)
- Thumbnail view for easy selection of stored images
- Noise Rejection for clear image