The Ultimate 5-In-1 Tool of VHF Radios
The FM4850 is a new marine Black Box VHF radiotelephone with built-in Class D DSC, AIS Receiver, and Simplified Loud Hailer with intercom. Its compact housing enables it to be installed in a variety of craft, even vessels where space is limited, such as center-console boats.The FM4850 handset shares a common appearance with other Furuno equipment, such as NavNet TZtouch2, NavPilot 711C, and the FI70 Instrument series, offering an integrated appearance to any helm. Its built-in AIS Receiver can be used to overlay AIS targets with networked GPS Plotters or MFD, such as NavNet TZtouch, NavNet TZtouch2, or GP1871F/GP1971F combo units.
Built-In DSC and AIS
An external GPS antenna can be connected to the FM4850, and it can share its own GPS, DSC and AIS information via NMEA0183 or NMEA2000. When connected via NMEA2000 to any NavNet TZtouch2 MFD, DSC calling can be initiated directly from the TZtouch2 MFD by simply tapping on the AIS/DSC target and selecting (DSC Call). Additionally, when MOB (Man Overboard) is activated on a TZtouch2 MFD, the FM4850 enters a special mode where you can initiate a distress call by simply pushing the rotary knob on the handset.
Loud Hailer, Intercom, and Listen Back Features
The unit can operate as a simplified Loud Hailer with intercom, featuring 8 patterns of alert sounds. Loud Hailer, Fog Horn and Warning Signal features are all available, enhancing onboard safety and communications while navigating in the dark or fog. When connected with the second-station handset, intercom communications are available, allowing communications between the two devices. Additionally, the horn speaker can be used to collect external sounds and transmit them through the built-in speaker with a function called Listen Back. In this way, a person on the deck can easily communicate with the bridge, a particularly useful feature for a variety of fishing vessels and workboats. The Listen Back function can also be an effective tool on sport fishing vessels, allowing the horn speaker to collect the sound from fishing rods and lines when you get a strike.
Built-in AIS receiver
- When connected to an MFD or Chart Plotter that can read and display AIS data, the built-in AIS receiver will guarantee your safety at sea by providing all the data you need for situational awareness and collision avoidance.
- 15 W PA/Loud Hailer having 8 automatic fog/warning signals and a listen-back capability allowing for two-way communication.
Class D DSC
- With Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling), the FM-4850 allows you to transmit both routine calls and distress calls in case of an emergency.
- Plug and play NMEA2000 interface allows you to easily connect the FM-4850 to your navigation devices. When connected to the NavNet TZtouch2, DSC calls can be initiated directly from your MFD.
- The optional handset HS-4850 supports al the functionality of the FM-4850 and works as a second station. Intercom function is also supported.
- 25 W/1 W output power
- Loud Hailer/ Fog Horn
- Dual Station with optional handset
- ATIS mode for inland waterways
- 10 weather channels
- Fully waterproof (IP67)
Up to 3 Handsets HS-4800 and Speakers SP-4800 connectable